Purchasing terms and conditions
This document (together with the documents it mentions) establishes the terms and conditions for purchases of products through this website (hereinafter, the “Terms and Conditions”), without prejudice to the special conditions for online advance ticket sales.
The vendor is the company FUNDACIÓN TATIANA PÉREZ DE GUZMÁN EL BUENO (hereinafter, the Owner or the Foundation), whose identification and contact details are given in the Legal notice for this website.
You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing any items on this website. By placing an order, you are expressly consenting to these Terms and Conditions and to be bound by them, so you should not make a purchase if you do not agree with them.
You can download a copy of these Purchasing Terms and Conditions from this website. We recommend that you save a copy of these Terms and Conditions on your computer for each purchase you make.
2.- PLACING ORDERS THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
When you place orders through this website you agree to:
- Not place any false or fraudulent orders. We will be entitled to cancel any orders that could reasonably be considered to be of this nature and to inform the appropriate authorities.
- Provide your email address, postal address and/or other contact and payment details truthfully and accurately. You also agree that we may use these details to contact you, if necessary. We will not be able to process your order if you do not provide all the information we need.
- When placing orders through the Palacio de los Golfines de Abajo website, you confirm that you are fully authorised to use the credit or debit card, or current or other account, chosen as the payment method. Only people with the necessary legal capacity to enter into contracts for the classes of goods and services offered on this website can place orders through it.
The items offered through the Palacio de los Golfines de Abajo website are only available in the Iberian peninsula.
Purchases through this website work as follows:
- The user selects one or more products offered in our online store and adds them to their shopping cart.
- Once the product has been added to the cart, the user can view the cart’s contents (the products chosen, the prices, the quantities and the total price) and modify the quantity of the product.
- The user confirms their order by clicking “PAY NOW”. Users must be contactable by phone and email and must complete the appropriate form to place an order. Orders placed in any other way will not be accepted.
If we accept the order, we issue an Order Confirmation to notify the user of this. We send an Order Confirmation by email within 24 hours of acceptance. The Order Confirmation is effective from the moment it is sent. If we are unable to accept your order, we will try to contact you by email, phone or post. We will also send you a second email with billing information.
We will make every effort to supply the products in your Order Confirmation. However, there may be times when we are unable to supply some products, for example, if they are no longer manufactured or available or because we cannot source some components. In such cases, we will cancel your order for the products we cannot supply and will return any amounts you have paid for such products.
The return of such money is the limit of our liability to the user when it is impossible for us to supply the products requested.
We reserve the right to withdraw any product from this website at any time, and to remove or modify any of its material or content. We will not be held liable to you or to any third party for removing any product from this website, regardless of whether or not the product has been sold, or for removing or modifying any of its material or content.
The Owner undertakes to deliver the products in perfect condition to the delivery address given in the order form. You may request delivery of the articles to another address and to a natural person other than the one who signed the order, providing the delivery address is in Spain.
Please provide an address where the order can be delivered during normal business hours to facilitate delivery. Refer to the Delivery times section for the estimated delivery time for orders.
You can get answers to any queries you might have by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (+34) 92 721 51 80 to check the status of your order.
If you are out at the time of delivery, the post office will leave a delivery note for you to collect it from your nearest post office.
The delivery cost for the items purchased is shown at the end of the purchase process and depends on the destination. Refer to the Delivery costs section for more information.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “delivery” will be understood to have happened or the products will be understood to have been “delivered” at the time of signature of the delivery receipt at the agreed delivery address. Deliveries of online advance ticket sales are considered to have been made when the tickets are sent to their recipient by email.
4.- DELIVERY TIMES
The delivery time for each product depend on many factors, such as the source, availability of stocks and the holiday schedule.
As a general rule, the delivery period is ten working days (Monday to Friday excluding public holidays) from the day after the order is placed. These periods are averages and, therefore, are only an estimate. They may change for logistical reasons or due to force majeure.
Delivery will be made using standard Post Office services.
5.- TRANSFER OF RISK AND OWNERSHIP FOR THE PRODUCTS
You will bear the risks of the products from the moment they are delivered to you.
You will acquire ownership of the products once we receive full payment of all amounts due on them, including delivery costs, or at the time of delivery if this occurs later.
The prices of the products will be as published on this website. These prices are the total amount, including shipping costs (as applicable), taxes and duties.
Products will only be shipped for minimum orders of €20. If the total cost is less than this amount, the products must be collected from the facilities of the Palacio de los Golfines de Abajo.
The Owner reserves the right to change the prices displayed on this website at any time. However, the items will be billed based on the prices current when the order is placed, subject to reservation of availability on that date.
7.- PAYMENT METHODS
Customers can pay for their purchases by credit card (VISA, Mastercard, Discover and AMEX) when they place their orders. Payments go through a secure payment gateway.
We will send the bill and the products to the address given in the Order Confirmation, although you can expressly request the delivery address by sending an email to email@example.com. If you subsequently wish to receive a hard copy of the bill, you can request this from the same email address.
Your card will be charged in real time through the payment gateway of the financial institution involved, once we have verified that the data provided is correct.
Credit cards will be subject to checks and authorisations by their issuer. If they do not authorise the payment, we will not be responsible for any delay or non-delivery, and we will not be able to enter into a contract with you.
The Owner reserves the right to verify the personal data provided by the customer and to adopt the measures deemed appropriate (including cancelling the order) to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
Customers may cancel their orders provided that a Purchase Confirmation email has not been sent, in which case they are treated as returns. If the order has already been sent, the cancellation request will be considered a withdrawal and must comply with the provisions of the following section.
The company accepts order cancellations through its customer service channel, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (+34) 92 721 51 80.
9.- RIGHT TO WITHDRAW
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 calendar days with no need for justification.
This withdrawal period ends 14 calendar days after the day that you, or a third party indicated by you, other than the carrier, takes material possession of the goods or when the final goods are delivered when multiple items are ordered by the user in a single order and these are delivered separately.
You may exercise your right of withdrawal by notifying us of your decision to withdraw from the contract by sending a clear statement to that effect (for example, a letter sent by post, fax or email). Our contact details are:
FUNDACIÓN TATIANA PÉREZ DE GUZMÁN EL BUENO (CIF: G-86444346), owner of the Palacio de los Golfines de Abajo.
- Address: Plaza de Los Golfines 1, 10003, Caceres.
- Tel: (+34) 92 721 51 80.
- Email: email@example.com.
You can exercise your right of withdrawal using the text of which is reproduced below, although you do not have to use this:
For the attention of FUNDACIÓN TATIANA PÉREZ DE GUZMÁN EL BUENO, owner of the Palacio de los Golfines de Abajo, Plaza de los Golfines 1, 10003, Caceres, telephone (+34) 92 721 51 80, email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax ____________.
I hereby inform you that I am withdrawing from the purchase agreement for _________________, ordered on/received on ___________
Name of consumer and user: ____________________
Address of consumer and user: ____________________
Signature of consumer and user (only if the form is submitted as a hard copy):
Your communication exercising this right must be sent before the withdrawal period expires to comply with the withdrawal period.
Consequences of withdrawal:
If you withdraw, we will return all payments we have received from you, without undue delay and no more than 14 calendar days from the date on which you inform us that you are withdrawing from this contract.
We will make this reimbursement using the means of payment you used in your initial transaction, unless you expressly request otherwise. You will not incur any expenses from this reimbursement. We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the goods or you have provided proof of their return, whichever occurs first.
You must return or deliver the goods directly to the Palacio de los Golfines at Plaza de los Golfines 1, 10003, Caceres, without undue delay and no later than 14 calendar days from the date on which you notify us of your decision to withdraw from the contract. This deadline will be considered to have been met if you return the goods before it has expired.
You must pay the direct costs of returning the goods.
The product must be in the same condition as when it was delivered and must have its original packaging and labels, using the same protective cardboard box in which it was delivered, to protect the product. If it cannot be returned using the protective box in which it was delivered, the customer must return it in another protective box so that the product is returned as safely as possible.
Products that are not in the same conditions as when they were received, or that have been used for more than being checked, cannot be exchanged or returned. You will only be responsible for any impairment to the value of the products resulting from handling other than that necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
10.- RETURNING FAULTY GOODS
Without prejudice to your right of withdrawal under the provisions of the previous section, if you consider that the product does not comply with the specifications in this contract at the time of delivery, contact us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com or by phone on (+34) 92 721 51 80, providing the details of the product and the fault. We may ask you for a photo of the damage.
When we receive your notification, we will contact you to tell you how to proceed and the courier you should use.
As a general rule, these are the steps for all returns:
You must return the product to us at Plaza de Los Golfines 1, 10003, Caceres, stating the reason for the return.
We will return your money when we have checked the condition of the product.
Please return the item using its original packaging with its instructions, documents and packaging.
Once we receive the returned merchandise, we will carefully examine it and notify you by email in a reasonable period of whether return or replacement of the product is appropriate. We will make the return or replace the item as soon as possible.
If the product or products cannot be replaced, the amount paid for the products returned due to actual faults or defects will be reimbursed in full, including the delivery and return costs.
In the case of partial returns (i.e. when only some of the items purchased in an order are returned) only the price of the items returned will be refunded.
The refund will be made to the credit card used to pay for the purchase.
11.- GUARANTEES FOR PURCHASES AND CLAIMS
In accordance with consumer-protection regulations, the Owner is liable for any lack of conformity that manifests itself within two years of delivery.
You must inform us of any lack of conformity within two months of becoming aware of it, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, the invoice number and the issue. Failure to comply with this period will not render the guarantee void, but you will be liable for any damage or loss caused by the delay in communication. In the event of manufacturing defects, the Owner will be liable for return costs and costs of labour and material.
The item to be returned must be packaged appropriately. The packaging must be in perfect condition and must contain all of the original accessories and instructions.
The guarantee will be void in the case of faults or impairment caused by external factors, accidents, wear, installation or misuse of the product, inappropriate handling and use that does not comply with the supplier’s instructions.
The guarantee does not apply to any products modified or repaired by the customer or any other person not authorised by the supplier.
If you have any questions or complaints or need any information, contact customer service by email at email@example.com or by phone on (+34) 92 721 51 80.
12.- SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ADVANCE ONLINE TICKET PURCHASES
- Advance tickets can only be bought online, exclusively for guided tours, through this website.
- The purchasing and confirmation processes are described in section 2. Please ensure you choose the correct date and time.
- The prices are indicated on the website and in point 6.
- Once payment is received, you will receive: a confirmation email for the purchase and the tickets; and an email with billing information.
- You can gain entrance by showing our staff the physical ticket or the email with the tickets on your mobile device.
- Cancellations, changes and refunds are not permitted once the tickets have been purchased, except when provision of the service by the Owner is impossible due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the user’s control. Only the value of the ticket will be refunded. The refund will be made to the credit card used to pay for the purchase.
- Tickets are only valid for the date and time stated on them.
- Tickets are cumulative with other promotions and discounts offered by the Owner.
- Ticket purchases are not covered by the right of withdrawal under article 103.l of Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, approving the consolidated text of the General Consumer and User Protection Law, and other complementary laws, as they have a specific usage date.
- Each ticket allows one entry to the Museum on the day and at the time stated. Tickets are valid for a single use.
- If you purchase tickets with discounts for being over 65 or under 8, being a student or having a degree of disability, we may request documents to demonstrate compliance with these conditions, such as student cards, ID cards, etc.
- You must keep your ticket throughout your visit and show it to any employee on request.
- Resale of tickets to third parties is not allowed.
- Enjoyment of the activity is conditional on the user complying with applicable regulations for entering and visiting the Museum.
- The provisions of the general terms and conditions will apply to all issues not covered by these special terms and conditions.
13.- EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
We will not be liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance, of obligations under this contract caused by events beyond our reasonable control (“force majeure”).
Causes of force majeure include any act, event, failure of exercise, omission or accident that is beyond our reasonable control, including:
- Strikes, lockouts and other industrial action.
- Civil unrest, riots, invasions, terrorist attacks or threats, and war (whether declared or undeclared) or the threat of, or preparation for, war.
- Fire, explosions, storms, floods, earthquakes, subsidence, epidemics and other natural disasters.
- Unavailability of trains, ships, planes, motor transport and other means of public or private transport.
- Unavailability of public or private telecommunication systems.
- Acts, decrees, legislation, regulations and restrictions from any government or other public authority.
- Strike, failures or accidents involving sea or river, postal or other transport.
Our obligations under this contracts will be suspended during the period during which the force majeure situation continues. The term for fulfilling our obligations will be extended by a period equal to the duration of the force majeure situation. We will use all reasonable means to end the force majeure or to find a solution that enables us to fulfil our obligations under the contract despite the force majeure.
14.- PARTIAL NULLITY
If any of these Terms and Conditions, or any other contract provisions, are declared null and void by a final resolution from a competent authority, the other terms and conditions will remain in force, unaffected by the declaration of nullity.
15.- APPLICABLE LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION
Sales made through this website and under these Purchasing Terms and Conditions are subject to Spanish law.
In the event of any dispute or disagreement over the interpretation or application of these contract conditions, the courts and tribunals that will hear the issue will be those established in legal regulations pertaining to competent jurisdictions, considering, in the case of consumers, the place of fulfilment of the obligation or the domicile of the purchaser.